Terms & Conditions
This is not a commercial concern, we don’t want your images for profit and we won’t be selling them. This is a community site run by volunteers who love photography and is a forum for photographers to participate in building a photographic record of places they know and have a connection to. If we progress to the point where we can generate any revenue it will be put into either expanding the website, producing a photo book or staging an exhibit.
We don’t and won’t claim ownership of any of your pictures, they will always be yours.
By submitting your pictures and words to the Postcode Project, all participants warrant they have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All participants provide Postcode Project with a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty free, transferrable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use their images submitted to or in connection with the Postcode Project.
- All participants agree that their images may be used on third party websites or platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Flickr. By entering the Postcode Project, participants acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of such sites. If a participant’s image breaches the terms and conditions of a third party site, the participant will be solely liable.
- All participants agree that their images may be used for publications including, but not limited to postcards, photo books or exhibits, determined by the Postcode Project administration in consultation with chosen photographers.
- By submitting a photo under the Postcode Project, participants warrant that they have obtained all required consents and approvals, including from any individual rights holder or property owner in connection with any submitted image. The individual photographer will be liable for any intellectual property breach that results from their submission, including but not limited to copyright, moral rights, trade mark rights and passing off.
- All participants hereby generally and completely release the Postcode Project from any and all claims, liabilities and obligations, both known and unknown, that arise out of or are in any way related to the Postcode Project, including but not limited to use of their image or details and any intellectual property concerns that arise from use of their image.
- The Postcode Project excludes all liability including negligence, or any personal injury which may be suffered or sustained during the course of the Postcode Project, or any loss or damage including loss of opportunity whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Postcode Project.
- Always remember – the Postcode Project is a community of volunteers who love photography as much as you do, so let’s have some fun!